- Microarray Gene Expression Data Analysis: A Beginner's Guide
- Recommended for you
- Microarray gene expression data analysis: a beginner's guide | European Bioinformatics Institute
- A Beginner’s Guide to Microarrays
Microarray Gene Expression Data Analysis: A Beginner's Guide
Recommended for you
Prices and offers may vary in store. This guide covers aspects of designing microarray experiments and analysing the data generated, including information on some of the tools that are available from non-commercial sources. Concepts and principles underpinning gene expression analysis are emphasised and wherever possible, the mathematics has been simplified.
The guide is intended for use by graduates and researchers in bioinformatics and the life sciences and is also suitable for statisticians who are interested in the approaches currently used to study gene expression. Microarrays are an automated way of carrying out thousands of experiments at once, and allows scientists to obtain huge amounts of information very quickly Short, concise text on this difficult topic area Clear illustrations throughout Written by well-known teachers in the subject Provides insight into how to analyse the data produced from microarrays.
About The Author.
- Complex Cobordism and Stable Homotopy Groups of Spheres (Pure and Applied Mathematics (Academic Pr))?
- Epub Microarray Gene Expression Data Analysis A Beginners Guide .
- Dead Celebrities, Living Icons: Tragedy and Fame in the Age of the Multimedia Superstar.
- Outlook 2003 Easy;
- Cardiac Adaptation and Failure;
- A Beginner's Guide to Microarrays;
- Ramseys Legacy (Mind Association Occasional Series)!
Helen Causton is an experimental biologist who carried out some of the early studies on genome-wide transcriptional regulation in yeast using microarrays. Select Parent Grandparent Teacher Kid at heart. Age of the child I gave this to:.
Hours of Play:. Tell Us Where You Are:.
Microarray gene expression data analysis: a beginner's guide | European Bioinformatics Institute
Preview Your Review. Thank you. Your review has been submitted and will appear here shortly.
Extra Content. Table of Contents Preface.
- Table of contents!
- Museums and Education: Purpose, Pedagogy, Performance (Museum Meanings);
- Design for Manufacturability: How to Use Concurrent Engineering to Rapidly Develop Low-Cost, High-Quality Products for Lean Production?
- Download Product Flyer;
- Electronic transformers and circuits.
This review overviews methods and techniques which may be employed to analyze and interpret microarray data. The focus is primarily on analysis of gene expression matrices to obtain biological insights to this end.
A Beginner’s Guide to Microarrays
Both supervised and unsupervised methods commonly used for expression data analysis have been discussed. Data visualization techniques which may be used to comprehend biological relevance of the data has also been discussed in brief. Related Articles:. Microarray data analysis: Gaining biological insights. Date: October 28, Microarray analysis of gene expression in the liver of transgenic mouse model of HCV infection.
Date: December 27, Date: November 27,